We are extremely pleased to announce that for the first time in our history, Astra will be holding tryouts to give players an opportunity to earn a spot on one of our High Performance Travel Teams during the indoor 2019-2020 season.
The information below is applicable to the following age groups:
U12 Boys and Girls (2008 born) - 14 Players per team (1 GK)
Evaluations on August 27th/28th from 4:00pm-5:15pm @ Umea #4/#5
U13 Boys and Girls (2007 born) - 14 Players per team (1 GK)
Evaluations on August 27th/28th from 5:30pm-6:45pm @ Umea #4/#5
U15 Boys and Girls (2005/2006 born) - 16 Players per team (2 GK)
Evaluations on August 21st/22nd from 4:00pm-5:15pm @ Umea #4/#5
UPP Boys and Girls (2002-2004 born) - 20 Players (2 GK)
Evaluations on August 21st/22nd from 5:30pm-6:45pm @ Umea #4/#5
- Astra travel teams are an opportunity for players who approach the game with a high level of professionalism and playing ability to showcase their skills with other like-minded players.
- Travel teams will attend a minimum of 4 tournaments outside of Saskatoon per training phase (Nov - Mar) - this may include Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina for the younger groups, and potentially further for older groups.
- Players who are selected to a travel team will need to commit themselves to all tournaments and training sessions.
- Training will be 3 to 4 sessions per week depending on the age group (schedule to be released in early September).
- Training fees will be in line with regular Astra Academy training unless fundraising comes into play, the cost of travel and tournament registration is not included in the fee. Athlete Assistance is available through the Saskatchewan Soccer Association for families who require funding.
- Players who tryout for a travel team and are not selected will be referred back to their respective Astra Academy Training Group. If players from the travel team are unable to attend an event, then players will be called-up from the Academy Training group.
- All travel team rosters will be finalized before September 7th.
- The tryout fee is $20.00 per player ($40.00 for late registrations)
- U12/U13 registration for the tryouts will close on August 25th, U15/UPP registration will close on August 19th.
- Arrive a minimum of 20 minutes early to properly prepare and warm yourself up
- Dress accordingly
- The tryouts will be broken down into two days: the first day is technical skill testing in which each activity is scored as well as physical testing for the U15/UPP groups.The second day is all match play. All athletes will be provided with feedback after the evaluations regarding their day 1 scores.
- Fees must be paid prior to the start of the tryout, cash and cheques will not be accepted at the field.
- Lastly, if your son or daughter is born in 2009 and you would like them to tryout for the U12 team, please contact us so that we can manually register them.
To register for a tryout, please log into your Astra account and select the applicable tryout. Questions about the travel team can be addressed to Chris and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org